How to Embroider a Towel in Minutes

Monogrammed towels make wonderful gifts! Learn how to personalize towels for special occasions. It’s possible in just minutes when you know how. Let Nancy show you!

27 Responses to “How to Embroider a Towel in Minutes”

September 22nd, 2014 at 5:38 am

Hi Charlene, Please email to me at info@ziemanproductions.com for individual assistance with your tablet. Please let me know which tablet and which browser you are using. I look forward to hearing from you.

2. Charlene Kreidler Says:

September 13th, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Problems with viewing on my tablet. I have audio but no video

August 12th, 2014 at 11:08 am

Hi Margueritte, Perhaps an extra layer of stabilizer may have helped. Here’s a link to a great reference guidebook and also available free with a set of different stabilizers. http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/stabilizers+the+foundation+guidebook.do?extid=fbnz&code=NNOADV-1310 or http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/must+have+stabilizer+set+with+free+stabilizers+guidebook.do?extid=fbnz&code=NNOADV-1310

4. Margueritte Says:

August 8th, 2014 at 4:33 am

Great video! I have been monograming towels for years and picked up some pointers. My main problem is that after several washings the letters or designs look distorted, pucker, or sink into the towel. I per wash my towels and use the suggested stabilizers. I use towels that are not that expensive and someone suggested this was the problem. Any ideas? Thanks

5. cindy Says:

February 20th, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Your videos don’t work on android or iPad :(

October 22nd, 2013 at 8:54 am

Dusty, First, if the stabilizer has not been removed, keep it intact. Then, I suggest removing the embroidery from the back, starting with the bobbin thread. I would recommend placing the towel on a rounded surface, like a softball, then use a very sharp single blade knife to slice through the bobbin stitches of the satin stitching, being sure to only cut the stitches and not the towel. Then, flip the towel over and use a fingernail or dull butter knife to loosen the stitches and then grab to loose thread and pull them out with a flat tweezers. The underlay stitching is going to be the trickiest and will need to be cut using a seam ripper, again working from the back, and then pulled out from the front very carefully.

7. dusty Says:

October 17th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I have a friend who took on a favor to embroider a word on towels. She does not do embroidery as a business just for herself and just did this as a favor for a friend. I believe her font was not thick enough and the letters are kind of lost in the thick towel. She is ready to give up and replace the towels and tell her friend she can’t do it. I am trying to encourage her not to spend the money to replace (she can’t afford to do this) the towels but to fix them. She said that when she tries to remove the stitching from the towels her seam ripper snags the towels. What do you recommend for removing the stitches from the towels to return them to like new condition? Thanks!

8. Brenda Lovic Says:

April 2nd, 2013 at 8:20 am

Thanks for the video on towels. Everything I had read about embroidering towels said not to use tear away stabilizer or water soluble stabilizer. I am so glad to see you using both. Any advise to keep the water soluble stabilizer from making such a mess when you wet it to remove it?

9. Linda K Johnson Says:

April 16th, 2012 at 9:21 am

This video was so informative. I didn’t even know I had the “target stickers” in my kit. Wow, what a cinch to use them. I’ve struggled centering my embroidery all this time when all along I had such a simple solution right at my fingertips, thanks to Baby Lock. Thank you, Nancy, for all your invaluable instruction videos! Don’t know what I’d do without you. You’re the best!

10. Claudette Floyd Says:

April 15th, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I have a very old sewing machine ,that was giving to me by my late mother. It is a Singer made in the 1950.’ It sewing just beautiful!. What I wanted to know is how can I do embroidery on this late model or do I just need to get a new model . Thank you for any advice.Just a Texas girl who like to sew.

November 25th, 2011 at 8:15 am

Nancy, just lay or tape the stabilizer on top of the towel!

12. Nancy Ri Says:

November 24th, 2011 at 8:33 am

Did you put the top stabilizer in the hoop or just lay it on top of the towel?
    Nancy

October 13th, 2011 at 6:31 am

Marie, Eileen Roche recently addressed embossing designs in her blog. I know you’ll find it interesting!

14. Marie Says:

October 11th, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Where can I get embrossing designs for towels other than alphabet.or what else can I use.
    I have a Husqvarna SE machine and would love to do some towels for christmas presents. I love your site and find it very useful Please advise me

15. Jean Adams Says:

October 11th, 2011 at 10:20 am

How do I go to your site to se the instructiona videos.I have a Babylock BMP6.Thanks Jean

September 13th, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Barbara, click on the link directly below the description of Sew Cute Embroidery.

17. Barbara Says:

September 13th, 2011 at 10:12 am

Thank you for the very informative video. With the Christmas Season
    upon us the timing couldn’t be better.
    All of my machines are Babylock and produce beautiful work even though I am quite the amateur.
    I am also anxious to try the free cupcake design but have not been able to locate it. Any help
    would be most appreciated.
    I always learn something useful when I watch your videos. Please keep them coming.

18. Marcie Vitopil Says:

July 12th, 2011 at 8:04 am

Thanks so much for the instructional video on machine embroidery. One picture is worth a thousand words. Again, you come through with wonderful ideas and keep us current on producets available on the market.

19. Donna Klink Says:

February 22nd, 2011 at 8:34 am

Thanks so much for your instructions to easily embroider a towel. I’m going try it today. You always make the projects sound so easy —and all of them I have tried HAVE BEEN EASY. I look forward to more videos in the future.

20. Mary Says:

February 16th, 2011 at 12:27 pm

This is a wonderful source. Thank you so much.

February 11th, 2011 at 5:07 am

Vicki, thanks for the suggestion! I’ll definitely keep that in mind.

22. Vicki Page Says:

February 10th, 2011 at 11:59 am

I really enjoy Nancy Z and would like more videos but I have an older Baby Lock the Quilters Choice and would like to be encouraged to use more than the regular stitches. Thank you for listening. Vicki Page

23. Linda Klein Says:

January 19th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I really like the VIDEOS, keep them coming, I am a Viking employee and have many studentS, these are nice to refer to students, when they get home and forget what they just learned in sewing, quilting, serging & quilting.

How nice of you and good for them. THANK YOU :)

24. Patricia Lidell Says:

December 7th, 2010 at 8:25 am

Just found this great site. Thank you.

25. Janet-upstate NY Says:

November 22nd, 2010 at 2:15 am

Thank you so very much for the videos and having this web-site. Please keep them coming, you are a true ambassidor for the love of sewing and hopefully more of the younger generation will start getting more involved due to this web-site and your TV show. Wish there were more of them!

26. Fran Daoust Says:

October 26th, 2010 at 6:57 pm

I enjoyed all the videos that you have posted. It will be nice to be able to log on and refer to them when I am ready to work on a project. It is great that you have the “featured items” listed too! Thanks,

27. Valerie Says:

October 15th, 2010 at 7:46 am

Thank you so much for this video. I bought my Snappy and Embroider’s Friend used so there were no instructions. I attempted to use them and became frustrated. They have been in the corner ever since, not used. I will be using them now. Again, thank you.