Easy Dresden Holiday Wall Quilt

With a little sewing savvy and super-sized quilt blocks, you can create a wall quilt or table topper for the holidays! Watch and learn how Nancy Zieman creates an Easy Dresden Holiday Wall Quilt with Clover's Trace 'n Create Quilt Templates–the Dresden Collection. Gather a few of your favorite cotton quilting prints and in couple of evenings, you'll create a sensational showpiece!

Click here for project yardage.

26 Responses to “Easy Dresden Holiday Wall Quilt”

July 10th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Kathleen, At this link for the Holiday Wall Quilt, find the link that says Click here for project yardage. It includes the instructions also.

2. Kathleen Says:

June 26th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I have just purchased the Trace n create quilt for Dresden wedge template. I’m having a hard time trying to determine the sizes of wedges and how the bottom should line up with the top. Are there written directions, using this template to do the Holiday Wall Quilt?

March 27th, 2013 at 11:49 am

Joan, You can sew your pieces of quilt batting together by “butting” two pieces next to each other (do not overlap) and use a wide zigzag to sew them together. If you need further assistance, please write me at info@ziemanproductions.com

4. joan bergmann Says:

March 24th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

How do I sew quilt padding together if I have peices and want to use them? Thanh you. I certainly do appreciate the easy way you explain things. I do have a wonderful Baby Lock Machine Quilters Choice Professional. My mother bought it for me just before she passed away in 2006. I just got it opened and am trying to Machine Quilt. We made quilts together by hand work.

5. suresh Says:

July 17th, 2012 at 4:09 am

Some months back i watched Nancy old flower garden quilts made up of half hexagonal/octagonal. I was very much impressed and now i want to do by my self. How do i get guidance for that. Please inform and oblige. THANKS

6. Pat Says:

April 30th, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I am interested in quilting. I have a lot of t shirts from my travels and would like to make a quilt out of them.Do you have any patterns.
    Sincerely
    Pat

7. MARTHA Says:

March 29th, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I REALLY LIKE THIS DRESDEN PLATE DESIGN AND I LOVE YOUR UTUBE VIDEO’S NANCY.

8. vickie jackson Says:

July 14th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

This is very interesting thank you. Vickie

July 7th, 2011 at 3:42 am

Janice, back the front of the shirt with a fusible tricot interfacing to give the fabric extra body. Then, cut the shirt fronts into consistent size squares. If I recall, I cut 12-1/2″ squares for my quilt. The blocks can be sewn next to each other or separated with sashing strips—crosswise strips of fabric about 2″ wide. Hope this brief description helps! Nancy

10. Janice Says:

July 5th, 2011 at 8:32 am

Hello Nancy,
    I love your show and I watch it every Saturday afternoon if I am home!

I was wondering if you have any tips or hints for making a T-shirt quilt? I have many T-shirts from trips I’ve taken. I don’t wear them anymore ( some, sadly, no longer fit ) but I don’t want to throw them away. They are nice reminders of some fun times. I don’t know where to start!

Thanks!
    Janice

December 20th, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Dear Bonnie,
    Thanks for your interest in the Baked Potato pattern. You’ll find it at this link: http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/baked+potato+tortilla+steamer+pattern.do

12. Bonnie Knisley Says:

December 20th, 2010 at 11:19 am

I am looking for the instructions from one of your quilting programs.

It is a quilted bag to hold potatoes while cooking them in the microwave. I’d appreciate any information available. I’d like to make them for gifts.
    Thanks,

Bonnie

December 5th, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Barbara, Try this site! http://www.junkjeanspeople.com/
    Luveta has been a guest on Sewing With Nancy—she has fun recycling patterns and ideas.

14. Sunny Eaton Says:

December 4th, 2010 at 11:54 am

I love this project, I plan on making several of these as table toppers for my sisters, we all get together and quilt every other year, this will be there quilt presents. The only problem I have had is my B-sewin here in Tulsa, Ok. can’t seem to get the quilt templates, I have only been in there 5 different times to get these plates, I finally contacted my sister’s quilt shoppe in Wichita, Kansas and she will order them for me. But not even that dampens my excitement to make this project. I love all you do Nancy, for all of us . Thankyou again for sharing with me.
    Sincerely,

SR Eaton

November 30th, 2010 at 11:48 am

Dear Charlene,
    Thank you for your comment and your interest in watching Sewing With Nancy more than once a week. Go to the link below and in the upper right hand corner, you’ll see “Where to Watch.” Click on some of these options and you’ll be able to watch shows of Sewing With Nancy on your computer!

November 22nd, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Hi, Shirley, glad that you liked the video and the Trace ‘n Create Dresden Templates. Under the “Featured Items” of the Nancy Zieman TV page, you’ll find the Template Collection. Enjoy!

17. Shirley Atoche Says:

November 19th, 2010 at 11:18 am

Hi, I really love this video, I live in Lima Perú and I would like to buy that useful quilting ruler, Is there a way to buy it in internet? I adore all your quilting works, Fantátiscos!!
    My very best wishes for you,
    Shirley

November 18th, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Hi, Donna, thanks for watching this segment on Nancy Zieman TV. If you have Create TV in your area, you can find Sewing With Nancy on that network, too. Go to http://www.createtv.com for exact time and listings. Also, http://www.sewingwithnancy.com lists stations that carry the show. Bye for now!

19. Donna Klink Says:

November 18th, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I was so glad to find this program on the internet. I no longer find your programs locally on PBS and I really miss them. Would like to see more of you—especially enjoyed the serger segment.

20. Margi Tackett Says:

November 17th, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I loved the video and how easy the wall hanging is to make! I ordered my templates today as they did not have any on hand at my B-Sew-Inn. They should have them in by Monday and I can hardly wait to get started on my Christmas Gifts using those templates. I love your show on Sat Mornings and have learned a lot from you! Thanks so much! Margi Tackett

21. Kathy Marrone Says:

November 17th, 2010 at 7:38 am

Just wanted to let you know that we really like your new video and have posted a link from our McCall’s Patterns facebook page.

22. Dee Trzaskowski Says:

November 16th, 2010 at 2:19 pm

This is a fantastic, quick project and wonderful. As soon as I can get out to my dealer to pick up the supplies, I will immediately start to have it done for the holidays.

In as much as I am an experienced sewer and quilter, I enjoy watching your TV programs every week.

Thanks for your shows.

23. Sunny Eaton Says:

November 16th, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I loved the video. I am not a quilter, but I am so excited about doing this project. I don’t have the template yet, tomorrow I am going to a class, so I hope our shop here in Tulsa has it. Thankyou for sharing with me.

24. Charlene Walker Says:

November 16th, 2010 at 9:40 am

I love watching your program and wish it came on more than once a week!

25. Judy Cogswell Says:

November 16th, 2010 at 7:29 am

I loved the video. I’m in the process of making one right now. However, I don’t have the template yet I have put that on my “wish list.”

26. Ivie Edwards Says:

November 16th, 2010 at 4:43 am

I love Sewing With Nancy, but can only get it Saturday 6:30 am. I have watched for many years. I sat by you for lunch when our sewing group came to your place several years ago. I have an autographed picture from your store. You helped me more times than you will ever lnow, thank you.
    Keep up the good work and know I watch ( as early as it is )
    Sincerly,