Hand Quilting Without Threading a Needle

It may not seem possible to quilt without threading a needle, yet it’s possible with the Sashiko machine! Sashiko, a Japanese form of decorative stitching, translates to “little stabs.” Now there’s a machine that effortlessly imitates handwork with only thread in the bobbin! Watch Nancy demonstrate the amazing process.

10 Responses to “Hand Quilting Without Threading a Needle”

1. zella wieners Says:

March 13th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Thanks Nancy for showing the video of the babylock sashiko 2 . I thank it’s great !!!!

2. Michele Says:

March 13th, 2012 at 8:00 am

Nancy, Thank you for your presentation of “hand stitching” by machine. I loved it. I have seen this machine at my Baby Lock dealer, but never paid any attention to it. I was there to adopt a Baby Lock evolution serger. Wow!
    This really does look like perfect hand stitching in a fraction of the time. The machine is fairly cheap too. Hmm!
    I just might have to take up quilting after all!

Now I’m wondering if some of the quilts I purchased , and thought were hand made were really made on this machine!

3. Cathy Says:

August 10th, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Wow this looks so very cool. I bet my next purchase will be a Sashiko. I better get saving!

4. Helen Says:

November 17th, 2010 at 8:26 am

I love watching the videos. The ideas are amazing! And for a smaller version, just use the smaller size. Amen and thank you.

November 16th, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Dear Irene,
    Thank you for your compliments. The coupons are good at any Sponsoring Retailer. The list is at http://www.nancyziemantv.com
    Happy Sewing,
    Nancy

6. Irene Wilt Says:

November 16th, 2010 at 12:11 pm

WOW, what a great idea you came up with!!! I loved seeing you use features on the new machine, and hope you will continue. I can’t wait to go see the serging videos, and look forward to any and all of your videos. I think what I have always appreciated about your videos, is how you simplify a technique and you are able to get it the first time around.
    Many, many thanks, Irene
    PS We will be leaving for the winter from Oregon to Florida. Will I still be able to use the coupons at my local babylock dealer?? I actually bought my Ellisimo from them, so I think I may have answered my own question.

7. Adelyn Grudier Says:

October 28th, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I hope my name will stay on the list to be notified when new videos come out. Yes, we’d all like to be able to buy every new machine that comes out but wishing doesn’t make it happen for me.
    How about some videos using some of the stitches on our high end machines. I’d really like to see one on using those stitches that sew sideways, down, up and at an angle. I’ve used them but there must be some neat something you can do using that feature on the machine.

8. Barbara Bishop Says:

October 27th, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Just watched your video on hand quilting without threading a needle. Facinating. One more machine I need to get. Thanks.

9. Patricia Shaw Says:

October 18th, 2010 at 11:52 am

Hope to see more videos on easy projects.

10. Paula Adams Says:

October 15th, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I will look forward to the 15th of the month………

Paula