Lone Star Quilting Without “Y” Seams

The Lone Star Block is a time-honored patchwork pattern. Yet, many steer away from this design due to the difficult “Y” seam piecing. I’d like to show you how to sew this great design using only straight seams!

For the Lone Star wall quilt featured in this video, you’ll need 1/4 yd. of four different fabric prints for the diamond/star segments, 1-3/4 yd. background fabric, 3-5/8 yd. binding and backing fabric and 52" x 52" batting. Approx finished size: 50" x 50".

16 Responses to “Lone Star Quilting Without Y Seams”

October 3rd, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Charlene, The video for Lone Star Quilt Without Y Seams is not a video for purchase. But you can re-watch it as many times as you wish for free at this site!

2. Charlene Vance Says:

September 24th, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Can the video “Lone Star Quilt Without Y Seams” be purchased? If so, what is the cost, etc. Thank you so much for your help.

Charlene Vance

c

3. MARTHA Says:

September 11th, 2012 at 6:25 am

what a great idea can not wait to try it

May 16th, 2011 at 7:55 am

Dear Mickey, Thank you for your interest in Nancy Zieman TV and the Lone Star templates. Please contact your local Baby Lock dealer. You’ll find the list of sponsoring dealers at this link. http://www.nancyziemantv.com/sponsoring-retailers/

May 16th, 2011 at 6:30 am

Dear Dawn, I hope that helps you open the video. Please check your browser to confirm if Javascript is enabled and download the latest flash player. You can get the Flash player here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.

6. Dawn Minenna Says:

May 13th, 2011 at 8:04 am

I cannot open the video to watch.

7. Arlene Says:

May 13th, 2011 at 5:05 am

I am so fascinated that I will look for the template. Thanks so much for the instructions.

8. Jayne Woods McKnack Says:

May 12th, 2011 at 9:25 am

After making seventeen Lone Stars of varying sizes and fabrics, I welcome a new method.
    As I often told my quilting students, ” as you sew, so shall you rip” in order to make this
    difficult array of seams and bias edges meet.
    Thank you for a really effficient way to produce this beautiful and much cherished design.

9. Mickey Rose Says:

May 12th, 2011 at 6:35 am

Let me repeat… I don’t need to buy anything else… let me repeat, I don’t need to buy anything else…. That being said – how much is it and how fast can I get it.

10. lynne mulcahey Says:

May 11th, 2011 at 6:40 am

I love it can’t wait to get the templates-lynne

11. Helen Says:

May 10th, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I am so tickled that you made this easy. I will buy the template. thanks

12. Vera MCEvoy Says:

May 10th, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Thanks, I enjoyed watching this.

May 10th, 2011 at 11:03 am

Dear Leona, All Sewing With Nancy programs are still available on your local PBS station. The videos at my websites gives flexibility to rewatch them when it’s convenient. If you continue to watch my program on TV, you will not miss a single program. Written instructions and DVD’s for all programs are available at Nancy’s Notions at this link. http://www.nancysnotions.com/category/sewing+with+nancy.do Just click on Current TV Episodes or Past Episodes, you’ll find all the reference materials. Thank you for your interest in Sewing With Nancy.

14. Gladys Says:

May 10th, 2011 at 10:23 am

Congratulations!
    This is great!
    I hope soon to get this template and try your technique!
    Thank you very much!
    Sincerely,

15. ginger emmel Says:

May 10th, 2011 at 9:16 am

I must have been impressed. I stopped the video and bought the template.

16. Leona Pepin Says:

May 10th, 2011 at 6:57 am

I would of loved to watch your video’s, but since I have dial up, it’s totally impossible. I would suggest that you try and accomadate all your views with written instructions as well, like they did in the day before videos. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to afford or receive high speed internet.