Speedy Hand Quilting by Machine!

Welcome to Nancy Zieman TV. Today’s topic is Speedy Hand Quilting by Machine. No it’s not a misnomer, you can get the look of hand quilting, but stitch with ease using the Baby Lock Shashiko 2! I thought a cheery table topper would be an ideal palette to showcase “hand stitching” around the super-sized appliqués. Are you curious how it’s sewn? Let me show you how.

6 Responses to “Speedy Hand Quilting by Machine!”

1. Janice Richardson Says:

April 29th, 2012 at 11:39 am

Martha
    Have you tried any Anita Goodesigns a copy that digitizes designs and sells cd’s they have dozens of stippling, quilt in the block… I am not sure on sizes… they have a website..

2. Gayle Says:

March 31st, 2012 at 8:15 am

I don’t know who gave this tip on Nancy’s blog, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! The tip was simply to cut your thread on an angle when trying to thread needles. You just cannot believe how this has simplified my sewing life.

3. MARTHA Says:

March 29th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I REALLY LIKE WATCHING NANCY SEW HER PROJECTS.
    BUT I’M LOOKING FOR IN THE HOOP PIECEING AND APPLIQUEING QUILTS, ONLY.
    I’M NOT INTERESTED IN LITTLE PROJECTS.
    I JUST WANT TO MAKE QUILTS IN THE HOOP AND EMBROIDERY SOME BLOCKS.
    IF SOME ONE KNOW WHERE TO GET SOME REALLY PRETTY QUILT IN THE HOOP DESIGNS THAT WILL FIT 16 TO 20 INCH BLOCKS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    THANKS SO MUCH
    ISEWEZ2A@YAHOO.COM

4. Lean Says:

March 13th, 2012 at 11:13 am

I am curious how the backstitches look, can you show me?

5. Ricki deWerdt Says:

March 13th, 2012 at 9:03 am

I think I need to make room in my sewing room. (gasp) My dh will have to make yet another area with counter for this.It is really interesting to see it sew with just one thread. I love the technology we deal with today. And, as always, Nancy does a stupendous job in presenting directions. I almost never have to go back again and again to try to understand what to do. Great job Nancy. I watched your t.v. PBS show every Saturday it was on. I HATE that it isn’t on more often.

6. Sonja Greyling Says:

March 13th, 2012 at 7:19 am

Very interesting. Do they sell Baby Lock Sashiko 2 in South Africa?