Serge a Vest in an Afternoon

Do you have a serger, but only use it to finish edges? Take a break from working to spend an afternoon learning a new serger feature, plus stitch plus complete an easy, fun to wear vest. Let’s start with the steps of learning the cover stitch. Let me show you how.

9 Responses to “Serge a Vest in an Afternoon”

1. Carmen Tellez Says:

May 26th, 2013 at 3:35 am

I learned to sew @a very young age (thanks to dad’s female relatives) I just turned 60 yrs old last December 2012
    my love of sewing has increased (at 4′8″ & 125 weight difficult to find clothing that fits w/o looking as I’m wearing my bigger sister discards. Hubby bought me a Babylock Imagine, my new toy as my first Babylock was over 30 yrs old.
    Planing to sew some cute summer outfits from raw silk (Nancy’s Notions) & customize with my Viking Rose.
    I try to watch “Sewing with Nancy” whenever possible; encouraging & lots of unique ideas.
    Excellent program.
    Most sincerely,
    Carmen tellez

2. Brenda Kelly Says:

January 7th, 2012 at 10:49 am

Nancy, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I found this and all of your videos extremely helpful, informative, and concise. I warmly appreciate your expertise and commitment to the sewing profession!

December 23rd, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Martha, thank you for your kind comments!

4. Martha Hansen Says:

December 18th, 2011 at 10:35 am

Nancy you are wonderfull, I have not got back with my sewing ,and have my bran new Baby lock sewing machine and also have the baby lock imagine serger with all you have really given a good to start again .I have done a lot of sewing all my life always was a restfull time for me so here now I will start againg, I am learning so many ideas from you .Keep up the good work.I am getting older but I know I can sew again .GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND HAVE VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

5. Patricia Ozment Says:

December 14th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I so enjoy your videos. I always learn so much. You make it look so simple.

6. Michele Says:

December 14th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I really enjoyed this video. Yes, I’m one of those people who has had the Baby Lock evolution serger a few months, but have not got around to using the cover stitches or the seam guide yet. You made it look simple, so I am motivated to try it NOW. I do so much more now with the evoulution, now that I don’t waste so much time just threading, and adjusting tensions like I had to do on my old machine.

Nancy, I always enjoy your videos as they are clear, and easy to understand. Your camera person manages to get in close to show detail at the right angle so the work isn’t covered by your fingers etc. Bravo! Keep up the good work. P.S. I liked that adjustible ruler you used (for measuring hems) I have not seen that version before.

7. Yvonne Says:

December 13th, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Great video. Is the “Cover Stitch” on a special machine or is it on an ordinary serger?

8. Helen Says:

December 13th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Oh my gosh. I learned something new about my serger and how to use it.
    thank you so much.