Elegant Bag - Perfect Circle Stitching

The circle—it’s a simple often elegant design. Yet trying to stitch a perfect circle can be challenging! I’d like to show you how to create an elegant evening bag, using a satin or decorative stitch. The intertwining circles were effortless to stitch. To create it I used the winning combination: the Circular Sewing Attachment and my Baby Lock’s Symphony.

16 Responses to “Elegant Bag – Perfect Circle Stitching”

December 3rd, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Dear Melody, Thanks for your interest. If your machine uses a low shank, here’s a link to the Ruffler foot. http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/ruffler+foot+low+shank.do?extid=fbnz
    The circular attachment is called a Flower Stitch Foot. http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/flower+stitch+foot+low+shank.do?sortby=ourPicks&extid=fbnz
    Have you seen Nancy’s new Circles Sew Simple tool? http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/nancy+zieman%27s+circles+sew+simple+tool.do?sortby=ourPicks&extid=fbnz

2. Melody Says:

December 2nd, 2012 at 7:27 am

I’m trying to find a circular attachment and a ruffler for my 30 year old Montgomery Ward machine. Are there universal attachments or do I have to order one specific to my brand? Help! I really want these!!

3. Claire-Louise Says:

September 25th, 2012 at 7:34 am

Fantastic. I bet it can do half circles, I tried without such an attachment, and what a mess. Decided to use a V instead.

November 13th, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Pat, Yes, the circular sewing attachment will fit your machine.

5. Pat Fox Says:

November 11th, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Will the circular attachment work with my Babylock Elagio?

6. Sue Says:

November 9th, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Marian – There is a circular attachment for the Brother 6000. I bought mine at my sewing store. :-)

7. Cindy Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Can it be used on a Pfaff 2170? Looks like just the thing I want to buy next!

November 8th, 2011 at 5:46 pm

The specific attachment that I demonstrated was designed to fit a Baby Lock. Perhaps your SInger dealer might have something comparable.

9. Larisa Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 2:38 pm

The same questions as Bev- can it be attached to Singer, my is Hheavy Duty one?

10. Bev Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Will the circular attachment work on Singer Sewing machine, if so what models?

11. Marian Hart Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I have a Brother 6000 Will the circle attachment work on the Brother?

12. janice Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 11:33 am

will this work on bernina 430 or is there a product like this for my machine.

13. Louanne heggins Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 10:15 am

Nancy did not mention if this circle attachment is only for Babylock users.

14. Diane Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 9:06 am

I have a Husqvarna Diamond amd the new Janome Memory Craft 12000. Would this attschment work on either of these? It looks great.

15. Sandy Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 8:40 am

I have a Pfaff 7570 and a singer XL5000 machine. Would the Babylock circular sewing attachment work on either of my machines?

16. Tina Nelson Says:

November 8th, 2011 at 8:32 am

Awesome attachment! Circles always give me trouble, but I seem to be drawn to them. Is there an attachment to fit my Viking Ruby? Thanks