Madeira Thread Treasure Chest

When sewing, quilting, or embroidering, my goal is to stay organized! I’d like to share with you one of the best organizational tools I have—Madeira’s Treasure Chest.

24 Responses to “Madeira Thread Treasure Chest”

1. Beth Says:

June 20th, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Where can we purchase the Swish-Swish fabric shown on your show?

2. Marjorie Says:

January 25th, 2013 at 7:38 am

I purchased a Sofia2 about six months ago, but just opened the box. I am confused about the best quality thread to use for this machine. My sales person told me that Coats and Clarks is the worst thing to use, and recommended a box of “Medeira Machine quilting, sewing and overlock thread” for my “basic” sewing and mending. Do I need to or can I use this quilting thread as an all purpose thread? What threads do you recommend?

3. Donnie Kirby Says:

March 15th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I recently came upon an internet list of videos which I could click on and be taken to the video. I can’t find that internet list now. Do you know where I could find it?

4. Carolyn Says:

January 22nd, 2012 at 6:28 am

When making the infinity scarf, it is confusing as to where you insert the side that is right side out–is through the opening left when you stitch the long ends together, or the opening at the end that is not sewn together?

Also, I would like to know how to alter a jacket or blazer pattern to make room for a protruding stomach.

5. Audrey Lahlum Says:

December 31st, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I would like information on the video or instructions on the program 30 minute doll dresses ( for 18″ dolls).

halahlum@drtel.net

October 21st, 2011 at 4:37 am

Mary Jo, I don’t believe there is a video on this topic. I’ll check with Baby Lock.

October 13th, 2011 at 7:19 am

Mary Jo, to my knowledge there isn’t one. Yet, I could be wrong. We’ll look into it!

8. Mary Jo Roe Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 11:02 am

WHERE CAN I FIND A VIDEO TO SHOW HOW TO USE THE BABYLOCK BIAS BINDER FOOT ESG-ABB?

July 7th, 2011 at 3:46 am

Donna, Sewing With Nancy is alive and well, carried on 84% of all PBS stations. You can also watch the show online at http://www.nancyzieman.com. The series that you’re referring to is “Sew Green Makeovers” with Mary Mulari. Here’s the link to one of the episodes online, you can find the other episode there too! http://video.wpt2.org/video/1530366655/ (The project you’re referring to may be in the second episode.)
    The pattern, Sew Green Makeovers, is available at Nancy’s Notions.

10. donna ponzette Says:

July 3rd, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Hello,
    I am desperate, I am having trouble finding the video of the episode where you made the electronic reader tote. I love your show! I have talked to quite a few people that did not realize that it was still on the air. I will spread the word!

February 28th, 2011 at 11:33 am

Dear Bert, Please go to nancysnotions.com and type in t-shirt quilt in the search box. Happy Quilting!

12. bert terrell Says:

February 27th, 2011 at 9:28 am

please tell me how to order book and/or video on making t-shirt quilts

January 17th, 2011 at 6:04 am

Karen, you’ll find the instructions for all Sensational Scarves in the book and video by the same name. Go to http://www.nancysnotions.com and search for item #2403. I also posted a mini-lesson to one of the scarves on http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/?p=344

Thanks for watching Sewing With Nancy!

14. Karen Byrd Says:

January 16th, 2011 at 11:55 am

Where would I find the instructions for the easy scarf segment, i.e., two pieces of fabric sewn together then turned inside out somehow then sewn the ends together? Not sure about the name of the segment.

Thanks,
    Karen

January 5th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Dear Kay, I’m sure you’ll find Quilt with Confidence book and DVD to be very helpful.

16. Kay Says:

January 3rd, 2011 at 10:04 am

Do you have videos for beginners regarding both hand and machine quilting? I couldn’t find any. Thanks for answering.

December 18th, 2010 at 5:00 am

Maureen, The current programs are not yet available online. We could email you the instructions for a specific scarf. Let us know.

18. Maureen Says:

December 17th, 2010 at 6:39 am

HELP! I taped the episode on your fabulous scarves a few weeks ago on my T-VO (we call it PVR in Canada – personal video recorder) and somehow it was erased! I had planned to make scarves for my sisters and sisters-in-law for Christmas – a total of 10 scarves. I watched the show only once and tried to remember how they were made but I’m lost. Please tell me where I can find the episode on-line. I think it was episode 2403 (?). Is that correct? I don’t have time to order the book through the mail. Please help me. I purchased all the fabric and was really looking forward to making these scarves. Thank you so much for your help.
    Maureen

19. Roxanne Cassidy Says:

October 26th, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Hi Nancy,

I have so enjoyed seeing you over the years at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, then in a smaller setting at a Bablock Love of Sewing Retreat. I have wished for years to be able to watch your show on television, but did not have TIVO and could not watch on the day your show aired. This is so much better for me! Thank you for taking this beg step into electronic media.

Roxanne

October 15th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Penny, the scarf instructions are on my blog: http://nancyzieman.com/blog

21. Jolinda Says:

October 15th, 2010 at 9:23 am

I absolutely love watching your PBS show and also enjoyed watching the episodes on your store site. While I’m a fast learner, some of my friends are not , and I always refer them to your site, show, or one of your many books on “how to techniques.” Your books are quite literally my encyclopedia’s of the sewing arts.

Keep of the great work and inspiring all us to be more creative.

Sincerely,
    Jolinda Pfeiffer

October 12th, 2010 at 9:56 am

Thank you for your interest in Sewing With Nancy. Program reference material is available at nancysnotions.com
    Here’s a direct link to Sensational Scarves.

23. PENNY HALL Says:

October 5th, 2010 at 5:51 pm

WHERE DO I FIND THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE EASY SCARF SEGMENT?