Sew Adorable – Clothes for Girls and Their Dolls

Show your love for that special little girl in your life by creating a matching outfit for her and her doll! The secret to sewing success lies in the use of specific presser feet. Intrigued? Let me show you how!

18 Responses to “Sew Adorable – Clothes for Girls and Their Dolls”

1. S. Morrow Says:

March 23rd, 2014 at 10:53 am

I would like to order the patterns for the Doll Clothes
    Please send me the necessary info.
    Thanks,
    S. Morrow

2. VioletTrumbore Says:

January 27th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I enjoy your show on PBS TV. I love most all sewing arts. I have a New Home Excel model 3032 . I bought it new. I also have a JANOME model DC 3050. Both sewing machines have been great to use. I do not know all the tricks so I am gaining knowledgefrom you and other sewers. Thank You for this great show.

3. Hank Manzie Says:

July 6th, 2012 at 12:22 am

I enjoy you because of each of your efforts on this blog. Kate takes pleasure in carrying out internet research and it is easy to understand why. A number of us notice all about the powerful method you render effective techniques via your blog and even invigorate participation from some others on that issue plus our favorite child is without question starting to learn a whole lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the new year. You’re the one carrying out a useful job.

4. Wendy Kosinski Says:

January 5th, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I am so glad that I found you on the online program. I am so excited because I have been watching you for quite some time but I miss your program when I am visiting my daughter because I can’t find it on her pbs station. This is absolutely awesome. Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you.

5. Linda Wernette Says:

December 14th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I love this book! I made this outfit for my Granddaughter’s doll and she loved it! Now I must get a copy of my own! WOO HOO!

November 22nd, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Susan, here is the link to the video that shows the use of the ruffler foot:

The ruffler foot takes a “tuck” at one of three setting: every stitch, every 6th stitch, or every 12th stitch. THe other adjustment that controls the ruffling ratio is stitch length. Take a length of fabric on a “test drive” to determine the settings you’ll need for your project.

7. Susan Casey Says:

November 20th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Nancy, I’m trying to figure out how to use my BabyLock ruffler foot at a 2.25 to 1 ratio. Your advice is probably what I need but this website is hard to figure out. Where is the video from June regarding how to work with the ruffler foot?

HELP!!

Thank you… Susan Casey, Minnetonka, MN

September 7th, 2011 at 6:47 am

Kathy, you can now watch the 52 most current Sewing With Nancy shows online at http://www.nancyzieman.com

Thank you for your kind comments.

9. kathy Says:

August 29th, 2011 at 6:09 am

Thank you for the easy instructions for the ruffler attachment. I have been stumped for a long time as to how to make it all work (successfully)!
    I used to watch your program every Saturday, but “lost” you when our PBS station changed over to a different format. Now that I found the online program, it’s even better, as I can take my laptop right to my computer and practice while you demonstrate the techniques!
    You DO make it look easy!

June 29th, 2011 at 4:48 am

Patty, you made my day!

11. Patty O'Neill Says:

June 24th, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Nancy,
    Thank you for the opportunities, knowledge, and kindness that you give to people. I hope that I can be even half the person that you are.
    We live in a time of technical changes. It all happens so fast that we have to work while we sleep to keep up with it all. I pray every day for God to give me the knowledge, inspiration, and strength to provide new ideas, and techniques.
    I look up to you and respect you so much. Thank you for all of your knowledge.

Patty O’

12. Wanda R. Says:

June 23rd, 2011 at 4:32 am

Hi Nancy,
    All the best with the first anniversary of your television program.
    Nancy, you are a wonderful person, a good human heart gold, thanks to you for it, for your talent and that of your videos, tips reach all people, good and bad economic situation around the world.
    You are my world’s largest virtual person, an idol in the field of tailoring and all of your advice, teachings, etc. …
    Dear Nancy, I orginalne your videos from your earlier years, when the PFAFF sewing on the machine, and original DVD, everything that I bought from you, this is my beautiful souvenir, but still keeping track of your still new, and new techniques of sewing, on another machine this is Baby Look.
    I wish you much health, long life, and everything you desire itself,
    Wanda
    my blog is:

13. Wanda R. Says:

June 23rd, 2011 at 4:31 am

Hi Nancy,
    All the best with the first anniversary of your television program.
    I wish you much health, long life, and everything you desire itself,
    Wanda

14. Laura Jean R Says:

June 15th, 2011 at 11:06 am

Thank you so much for the inspiration to start sewing, I’m loving this. What perfect timing, after wanting a ruffler foot for ages, I bought one just this week! BTW, the “little girl” who loves ruffles is ME. LOL Have a wonderful day.

15. Sandra Helms Brown Says:

June 14th, 2011 at 7:10 am

I want to tell you that I have been one of your “fans” for many years! I am a Family Sciences teacher and love to share your ideas and resources with my students! Thank you for providing such wonderful ideas!

Sandi Helms Brown
    Centerpoint High-Junior High
    Amity-Glenwood, Arkansas

16. C Little Says:

June 14th, 2011 at 5:39 am

Thanks for reminding us of the usefullness of the various feet and how easy it is. New techniques make things so much easier when demonstrated.

17. Jerry K Says:

June 14th, 2011 at 5:39 am

As usual Nancy makes a new tool look really easy to use!